our mission statement
Ranch Park Elementary School PAC mission is to advocate for excellence in education, the safety and well being of our students, and for the effective and meaningful involvement of parents as partners.
All parents/guardians of students at Ranch Park Elementary are welcome to attend.
Meetings for the 2017 – 2018 school year are:
December – CANCELLED
May 1 – Annual General Meeting
June – 5
Meetings are held in the school library from 7:00 – 8:15pm. Complimentary child minding is available and minutes from each meeting will be emailed and posted to the website.
To contact anyone from the PAC Executive please mail: RPExecutive@ranchparkpac.ca
what we do
The Ranch Park PAC is an active group of parents and welcomes new volunteers and ideas to better support our children and school. The objectives of the council are to support, encourage and improve the quality of education and the well being of students in Ranch Park Elementary School including, but not limited to:
- To provide a forum and the opportunity for the membership to openly review and discuss any matter related to the school (e.g. programs, policies, plans and activities) as stipulated in the School Act and to advise the Principal, staff, or other associated organizations of any recommendations.
- To promote effective communication and co-operation between the home and school in providing for the education of children.
- To provide parents with information on how to effectively communicate within the education system and to advocate on behalf of their children at both the School and District levels.
- To initiate fundraising activities only when there is a clearly identified need to provide funds for a quality education and to ensure children learn in a safe, healthy environment.
- To affiliate with the District 43 Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) and the British Columbia Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils (BCCPAC).
Initiatives run by the PAC include:
- REGULAR PAC MEETINGS (10 PER YEAR) – These meetings are not just for PAC business and planning but are an important communication point with the school and each other.
- AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITY PROGRAMS – A variety of programs (including academic, arts, science and sports) are offered over the school year.
- EMERGENCY SUPPLIES – The PAC maintains, organizes and purchases emergency supplies – we hope we will never need these supplies but if we do, we are ready.
- WEEKLY EMAILS AND WEBSITE – To facilitate communication and keep our parents and community up-to-date.
- COMMUNITY BUILDING EVENTS – We hold community building events to help draw our school together, like our Annual Pancake Breakfast with Santa and parent socials. These are popular events and important fundraisers for the school plus, they are a lot fun!
- HOT LUNCHES – Popular with both children and parents.
- FUNDRAISING OR SOURCING DONATIONS to support school needs and activities including:
- legacy wall funding – outdoor classroom, music program & instruments
- upper and lower playground equipment
- teachers’ wish list
- classroom support fund
- performances brought in by the school
- Charles Best scholarship fund
- support to ensure all children can take part in activities
- and more
ranchpark pac executive 2017 / 2018
Every parent/guardian who has a child currently enrolled at Ranch Park Elementary is a member of the Ranch Park PAC. Below are the PAC members who have been elected as officers for the school year of 2017/18.
PRESIDENT – SHARED POSITION
Debbie Joyce and Heather Wilson
MEMBER-AT-LARGE (THREE POSITIONS)
HOT LUNCH COORDINATOR